Xlight FTP Server features:
Xlight FTP Server is able to run in Windows 200, XP, Vista, 7, 10, 2003, 2008 and 2012. The following are its main features:
External User Authentication
- Active Directory - Users can be authenticated against Active Directory. Settings of FTP users can be stored in Active Directory.
- LDAP - Users can be authenticated against the LDAP directory Server. Settings of FTP users can be stored in the LDAP directory server.
- Database - User settings and password can be stored in the external database and retrieved through ODBC connections.
IPv6 and encrypted file transfer
- IPv6 Support - IPv6 is seamlessly integrated in all server functions.
- Explicit and Implicit SSL - FTP sessions and file transfer can be protected by industry security standard. SSL client authentication is also supported.
- Support SFTP(SSH2) protocol - SFTP server and users can be created and managed the same way as FTP server.
3rd party application integration
- Email Notification - Email can be sent after file uploading, downloading, user login and logout etc. Email recipients and content can be customized. Many email notification settings can be tweaked so that server can send email to different users based on different conditions.
- Database stored procedure - Database stored procedure is supported to facilitate the integration with other applications.
- Execute a program based on file upload, download or deletion - Scripts or other programs can be executed after file being uploaded or downloaded from server.
- Server Statistics and connected users information can be written to files - Application can read those files to get server statistics and connected users in real time.
- System Service - Xlight FTP Server can run as Window system service.
- UNC Path Impersonation - FTP server can use the impersonation account to access password protected Network Shares in NAS or other Enterprise servers.
- Native FTP/SFTP User Isolation - Each user has separate virtual paths from other users, he cannot see virtual paths of others. No need to worry about locking user in his home path.
- Hierarchy Virtual Paths - FTP server has public and group paths, which make access control and permission management easier. Group path can be seen only by users of a group, public path can be seen by all users.
- Support multiple virtual servers - Xlight FTP Server can run multiple virtual servers on the same IP address.
- GUI based Remote Administration - Xlight FTP server can be securely administrated from anywhere.
- Easy Configuration Management - Configuration changes will take place in real-time, without the need to restart server.
Server log and audit
- FTP sessions and errors log - Detailed logs of ftp sessions and server errors.
- Store file transfer logs in the database - FTP/SFTP File transfer logs can be stored in the database. User file transfer history can be easily searched and retrieved.
- UNIX xferlog Support - Support writing FTP transfer log in UNIX FTP xferlog format.
- Send log to Syslog server - All server logs can be sent to Syslog server at the same time.
Firewall and NAT traversal
- WAN IP and passive mode - WAN IP and PASV port range can be configured to traverse corporate firewall.
- UPnP - Configuring FTP server behind the UPnP available home router becomes much easier.
Flexible user and server control
- Auto Block IPs - This can prevent server from hammers or malicious behaviors.
- Deny or Allow IPs - Server can deny or allow user's access by his ip address.
- File Access Control - Server can control user only downloading or uploading certain files.
- Advanced Bandwidth Control - Bandwidth can be fine-tuned by different virtual servers, groups and users level or scheduled by time range.
- Advanced Access Control - Server provides many methods to control user's access right.
- Login Time Control - Server can control login period by each user.
- FXP - Support site-to-site file transfers.
- Detail Server Status - Server has detailed bandwidth usage and user connections information, download and upload status.
- Anti Leech Support - Support anti-leech function to prevent unauthorized people from leeching FTP links.
- MODE Z Support - Support real time data compression during the data transfer.
- UFT-8 Support - Support OPTS UTF8 command to turn on and off UTF-8 encoding.